Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Woman Hides On Roof As Intruder Looks For Her

A quiet morning in bed escalated into a terrifying ordeal for one young woman when a burglar broke into her house, forcing her to hide on her roof.
Melora Rivera’s entire horrific escapade was captured on camera by bystander Alexandria Thompson, who was snapping photos on a cellphone while Rivera huddled under the eaves of a bank of windows, barely blocked from the view of the home intruder just feet away from her. Rivera, who was laying in bed when the break in began, grabbed her phone while on the run to the roof. She called 911 and spoke to the dispatcher while crouched below the eaves.
“He managed to break one of these panels and reach in to unlock the door,” Rivera told CBS LA. “Once I saw him in the house, I knew that we both couldn’t be there. I knew that I didn’t want to have a confrontation with him of any sort, you know, not knowing what his intention was.”
The would-be burglar was identified as Christian Hicks, 29, a well-known homeless person from the area. As it happens, a neighbor of Rivera’s had called police at 7:30 that same morning to report Hicks meandering through a yard.
“I saw this guy this morning in handcuffs,” Thompson reported to CBS LA. “I’ve seen him in my yard. I called the police.”

No comments: